Saturday, November 25, 2006

My life = Girl Crushes and Dance DESTRUCTION!

F me. My 3 part TPC tour series has ended and while I have a little hole in my heart because I will not see them for sometime now, it can easily be masked by the fact that the past couple days have been TOTALLY SLY! Now for a show by show recap.

Canmore: Solo dancing, post show chats, popcorn and a stiff neck.
Calgary: Stress due to fact friends may not get in, happiness upon friends entrance, awe at the Grates, bliss upon the sounds of TPC, and comradery with fellow mad dancers.
Edmonton: Nachos, Huge dance space, Girl crushes, Boy crushes, Dance DESTRUCTION, and Band water.

The Calgary show was tight as! Gosh how I love broken city. There is also nothing like getting a smile because you are the only one who knows the lyrics to unreleased songs. Bootlegs, how you rock my world! I was in a pissy mood before the show started due to the "sold out" fiasco but The Grates made me forget every worry I'd every had. They are superb. TPC was great, especially when Josh and Graham introduced thier tambourine toss, which very nice, and even nicer at the Edmonton show. It was also nice when we talked and they noticed my dancing.

As for noticing dancing, in Edmonton when the Grates where playing the gorgeous lead singer (Patience Hodgson) pointed to me and said "this girl is the best dancer ever!" I almost died. Lucky I didn't because then I couldn't have danced my heart out. The entire show was the ultimate dance DESTRUCTION! Me, my crew and everyone on the dance floor took all the flooring in the Power Plant and shredded it to bits. I'm amazed we didn't dance our ways to China. After the Grates set, Patience came down and gave us all hugs then complimented me on my hair. I in turn complimented her on her own hair and her gorgeous looks. I think we both offically have girl crushes. Made some new friends while rockin out to Tokyo Police Clubs set, which was great, and afterwards talked to the boys and said goodbye. Did I mention that they loved it that I came again? Cause they did. And did I mention how they asked if I was going to be at the next show? Cause they did. Oh yeah, did I say how Josh Hook got me some band water? Cause he did.

Conclusions:

Watch out China, one day I'm doing to destroy every inch of floor beneath me and dance right in to your rice fields.

Girl Crushes are a wonderful thing.

So are Boy Crushes.

I may have a crush on every member of Tokyo Police Club. Chances are good.

Life Rocks. Hard.

For media from the Calgary show check out my Flickr and Vimeo

No comments: