Sunday, September 30, 2007

Oh! THAT art thing.


Tonight was Nuite Blanche in good old T Dot. It was good. Not as much art as I thought, but enough good times to make up for it. I thought I would be overwhelmed by art from every angle, but I wasn't. That is not to say that I didn't see lots. It's a good thing it is open till dawn otherwise you couldn't see everything. 7:03 pm till dawn is definitely not enough time to appreciate everything. My favorite show/piece was one of pictures of children crying. There is a scene in Closer when Natalie Portman says that art is a big lie. People take pictures of awful things but because it's art it is beautiful. The beauty however is all a lie. The truth behind the picture or painting is extreme pain and heart ache. This gallery was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever seen in my life, but nothing captivated me more tonight. Life is painful, but beautiful. Often at the same time.

Also, I felt and looked really good tonight.

More from Nuite Blanche (flickrflickrflickr).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you're talking about how this gallery was the most heartbreaking thing you've ever seen in your life, and there's a photo of magically floating toilets.

You are a hero.