Monday, February 05, 2007

Those Porportions were extremely Epic.




So a couple nights ago I saw Rebecca Ramone, Micheal Bernard and These Proportions are Epic. It was one of the best shows I have ever been to.

I had only listened to MB's Cd once, at a formal Christmas party and danced to in in my grad dress with my friend Justin. He said "MB is coming in Feb" and I was like "I'll be there!" So we went. We walked in to the Mac Hall ballroom and got a little bit nervous. There were chairs set up in front of a massive stage with multiple multiple instruments and lots of lamps. We were like, oh god what is this. How were we going to dance to Micheal Bernard's groovin guitar sounds whilst sitting in our chairs? Our friend's girlfriend, Brianne, assured us that it would be very good and we believed her because she is a) very cool and nice and b) was part of "These Proportions are Epic". Rebbecca Ramone opened and she has an amazing voice. I would have bought her cd but the only thing I had in my wallet was Euros. Next was Micheal Bernard. He opened with some acoustic songs and I became very excited. Not only does he have a great voice, mad skills, and beautiful vests, but also rugged good looks. Once These Proportions are Epic came on life seemed almost perfect. These Proportions are Epic was a large group of students, mainly from U of L and U of C, who together made up the orchestra, choir and dance group that filled out Micheal's show. The combination of soulful guitar, soaring violin, pounding piano, enchanting choral vocals and fanciful dancing (yes, live dancing in front of the musicians) was absolutely amazing. At the end of the set, the actors which had been doing little skits before and after all the acts came on again to finish their scenario on true love. It was very nice and I felt very happy. Little did I know that this would not be the best part of the evening. Micheal called for a girl to come up to the stage, quickly if she didn't mind. She climbed up on to the stage and the Bassist took off his bass and walked over to her. He dropped to his knee, and in front of 300 people, asked the girl to marry him. She cried and said yes. I cried as well because it was a very happy moment. Justin then laughed at me because I was wiping my tears with my scarf. All in all, an incredible show that reminds you of everything good in life. Mad props to Micheal Bernard and everyone involved.

Micheal's Myspace - here

No comments: