Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Best Albums of 2007

My body doesn't digest the majority of delicious food and I have trouble sleeping. This makes me miserable. To not be miserable I spend 12.22 on mushrooms, hummus and sushi at my local overpriced grocery store. I also listen to music.

The following albums are totally kickass and make me happy. Hopefully they came out in 2007 to adhere to the title of this post. If not, oh well. I listened to them extensive amounts this year and since I'm the authority on everything, thats what really counts. Also, I am really confused by my chronology right now.

The Dudes - Brain heart Guitar (2006)
Amy Winehouse - Frank
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Woodpigeon - Songbook
The Wombats - The Wombats EP
Voxtrot - Voxtrot
Bright Eyes - Cassadaga
Christina Aguilera - Back to Basics (2006)
Stars - Do you trust your Friends?
Stars - In the Bedroom after the War
Gogol Bordello - Super Taranta
Feist - The Reminder
Good Shoes - Think before you speak
The Grates - Gravity Won't Get you High (2006)
Los Campesinos - Sticking Fingers Into Sockets
Eskimo and Sons - How does it Feel to be Crushed by One Man with the Strength of a Million
Kanye West - Late Registration (2005)
Mother Mother - Touch up
Kate Nash - Made of Bricks

A couple of really disappointing albums:
Tegan and Sara - The Con
Kanye West - Graduation
Justice - (Cross)

Why?

Tegan and Sara have been whining for forever. There old stuff is good when your 16 and there is tension everywhere but they need to grow up. Graduation is basically just Kanye thinking he is the shit. He isn't. Late Registration was way better and he probably wont put out anything that good again. Justice is a douche bag. He didn't even title the album. I thought religions exploitation was used by hip hop folk and George Bush, not little DJ Electro dance boys. Also, I know this guy named Dan you could whip up and album entitled (Star of David) and kick Justice's ass.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Also:

Beirut - The Flying Club Cup
Agnostic Mountain Gospel Choir - Fighting and Onions (2005)
The Most Serene Republic - Population

Mudry said...

also: Chad Van Galen, Skelliconnection