Monday, April 13, 2009

Broke Cooking

So recently I've been really into reading Vegan Cooking Blogs. In my favorites bar is Your Vegan Mom- a blog a bout vegan food and 2 year olds, two of my favorite things. She has links to a millions different VeganBlogs like The Post Punk Kitchen, What The Hell (does/a/vegan/eat/anyways), and Chow Vegan.

I love drooling over all the recipes and reading about the crazy ingredients and almost start cooking all those delicious meals but then I open my fridge and realize that I have naught but Ketchup and Mustard. Don't' worry, there is some rice in the cupboard and some flax seed kicking around but definitely not "1 cube of vegan vegetable bouillon"
"1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram" or "2-3 pieces whole star anise".

The Facts: I'm a gluten/potato/corn free Vegan. I have minimal funds. We have, at most, ever, two clean cooking utensils.

The Conclusion: Broke Cooking - in which me and my roommates make edible food on our broke ass budget with our broke down kitchen and it's all something my sorry ass insides can digest.

stay tuned. (We do get lazy though, so don't hold your breath)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holla Broke Cooking. Defs lived off of plain white rice for days when Rhys and I moved in together. I would appreciate some broke cooking tips: my three recipes are rice with whatever, pasta with whatever, and 30 cent noodles. I don't know how we didn't die from malnutrition.

(PS: BS3 is incredible.)

Erin said...

whoa ... ben and I are exactly the same. so poor ... soo hungry. We read VeganDad though. And eat peanut butter and buy a lot of spices so it's like we have different rice and veggies every night. (oh, it's erin)