Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Goodbye Ian.

Today was my last day at Second Cup. I will miss it.

I had a most Glorious day filled with many good convos with my favorite patrons. Not only did Large Mocca Man remember it was my last day, but Crystal Glass boy came in in his normal clothes. Gosh he is cute. Upon telling him it was my last day, he said he was very sad and would have to come back to see me at three, before my shift ended. The Cougars then came in and gave me a big hug. I tried to give them free drinks but they are honest people and would not accept. We gossed about Crystal Glass and they said Crystal glass boy was mos def in love with me. Three o'clock rolled around and there was not a cute boy in sight. Finally, at 3:17 I am short of breath as my most favorite glass man enters the cafe. Flirting and hilarity ensues as we debate about drinks syrups and the like. After many "you're awesome" "no you're awesome" 's he thanks me for making him delicious coffee. While shaking hands I ask his name. Previously my co-worker and I had asked Large Mocca Man (the big man at Crystal Glass) what his younger comrades name was. He told us is was three letters. Tabulating an extensive list of every three letter name we knew we decided that his name must be Ian or John without the h (thus: Jon). We were wrong. His name is Bob. ugh. He does however introduce himself as Bobby (cute) and I assume his full name is Robert (fairly pleasing). He then takes his blended iced latte with 1 and a 1/4 pumps of chai and departs. I watch him walk the block back to his work through my cafes full length windows and my heart sings. Thus ends the epic romance of Crystal Glass boy and the Dynamic Barista.


For the non-romantics out there who still care about my life - I applied for a credit card today. Hazaa!

No comments: