Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Battle of the Brits

Amy Winehouse vs. Lily Allen

Who do you choose? Both are incredibly badass so it's a pretty hard choice for me. Lily is hilarious yet Amy has the pipes to floor you.

Amy Winehouse - He Can Only Hold Her

Lily Allen - Knock 'Em Out

I chose Amy. Meet me in my basement and we can debate.

I also recently got a buttload of new Cd's including Stars "Do you Trust Your Friends" which is excellent. It is basically a bunch of Stars musical amigos and fellow label mates at Arts & Crafts putting their own touches on the Stars album "Set Yourself on Fire". While I totally dig the album, especially The Most Serene Republic's and Jason Collett's additions, I wish this release was a new Stars album. Hopefully they will have some new stuff when I see them play at the Virgin Festival in Toronto. The V fest is shaping up very nicely. Sometimes my heart explodes when I think about it. Then sometimes I get incredibly nervous to be smushed against thousands of people I don't know on my first weekend in the biggest city in Canada.

Enough blab, more tuneskis.
The Most Serene Republic - Ageless Beauty

This is also a plug for The Most Serene Republic
as I adore them.

No comments: